- Attracts more than 25,000 members ages 12 through 20.
- Educates youth in four main program areas — leadership, aerospace, fitness and character development.
- Enriches school curricula through after-school programs.
- Offers orientation flights in powered and glider aircraft, as well as flight training scholarships.
- About 10 percent of the U.S. Air Force Academy’s new classes are filled with former CAP cadets.
- Cadets who have earned the Gen. Billy Mitchell Award enlist in the Air Force, U.S. Army and U.S. Coast Guard at a higher pay grade.
- Provides activities and competitions for cadets at the local, state, regional and national levels.
- Participates in the International Air Cadet Exchange program.
- Awards college scholarships in several disciplines.
- Makes opportunities for community involvement available through color guard/drill team and emergency service missions.
- Explores careers in aviation, space and technology through dozens of summer activities.
- Challenges youth to be ambassadors for a drug-free lifestyle.
LINKS OR REFERENCES TO INDIVIDUALS OR COMPANIES DOES NOT CONSTITUTE AN ENDORSEMENT OF ANY INFORMATION, PRODUCT OR SERVICE YOU MAY RECEIVE FROM SUCH SOURCES.