- Conducts 90 percent of inland search and rescue in the U.S. as tasked by the Air Force Rescue Coordination Center and other agencies.
- Coordinates Air Force-assigned missions through CAP National Operations Center at Maxwell AFB, Ala., at a cost of $120-$160 per flying hour.
- Performs aerial reconnaissance for homeland security.
- Provides disaster-relief support to local, state and national agencies.
- Transports time-sensitive medical materials, blood products and body tissues when commercial resources are unavailable.
- Provides air intercept training,impact assessment, light transport, communications support and low-level route surveys for the Air Force.
- Assists federal, state and local law enforcement agencies in the war on drugs.
- Maintains an extensive VHF and HF communications network.
- Saves an average of 71 lives per year.
LINKS OR REFERENCES TO INDIVIDUALS OR COMPANIES DOES NOT CONSTITUTE AN ENDORSEMENT OF ANY INFORMATION, PRODUCT OR SERVICE YOU MAY RECEIVE FROM SUCH SOURCES.